Thursday, February 26, 2009

Quiznos FAIL

My first post on this great sandwich blog! What better first post than to expose the dirty sandwich scandal of the year (so far).



A couple days ago I went over to MillionSubs.com to get my coupon for a free Quiznos sub in exchange for giving them my email address and other personal information. Quiznos was giving subs away to the first 1 million people who signed up (the promotion is now over). I printed out my coupon and headed over to Quiznos for lunch the next day. I walked up to the shop and was greeted with an ugly handwritten sign on the door that stated they would NOT be accepting the coupons. This seemed like a scam to me, so after I went else where for my lunchtime sandwich needs, I did a quick google search to see what people were saying about this Quiznos coupon...

It turns out the whole thing is one big marketing FAIL! Apparently very few Quiznos' across the entire country will take this coupon! But why would they create such an ad campaign only to disappoint the hundreds of thousands of people who just wanted their free sandwiches? Well it's because corporate Quiznos are a bunch of d-bags. They want the money to come out of the pockets of the individually owned stores, and obviously these stores are not happy about losing thousands of dollars every day by giving out free sandwiches, so they just won't take them. Sounds like a winning business model to me! Is this a way to run a company, to send out worthless coupons that will only piss your customers off? I did read about certain stores that will give you $1 off if you bring in the coupon, or places that will accept the coupon only if the customer purchases chips and a drink with it. The coupon by the way, does not say anything about required additional purchases.

Check out The Consumerist to see what other people are saying and also to get the information for Quiznos Headquarters if you want to complain. Walletpop.com also has some interesting info, notably that the CEO of Quiznos resigned on Tuesday!

So what did I get out of this? Quiznos got my info for their marketing department and I got to waste my time. I can't imagine that this promotion is actually going to help them in the long run. I think the exact opposite effect will happen and people won't eat there because they feel like they were cheated. I know I won't be back anytime soon! If you still have a coupon to redeem, I'd call ahead to see if they'll even accept it. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I live in Stockton, CA and our local Quiznos also shot down my dream of a free sandwich. F them.

    ReplyDelete